Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully, because by reserving and/or booking your stay, you agree to these bilateral respective rights and obligations set out on the terms and conditions page and the participant agreement form.
- The reservation request must be made in written form via our BOOKING page.
- The contract between Mahalo Surf Experience and the guest is in effect upon email submission of the booking confirmation and invoice from Mahalo Surf Experience to the guest, who implicitly accepts the general terms and conditions of Mahalo Surf Experience by sending the request.
- The booking is locked in as soon as the payment is received. Should the customer fail to make the payment in time, the booking is cancelled.
- All reservations and rooms distribution are subject to availability. Non-confirmed or un-answered replies to emails responding to inquiries, requests or reservations as well as reservations with unpaid bills will be cancelled after one week .
- All requests, reservations and bookings are subject to the prices and conditions at the moment of booking, as given on the website of the company www.mahalosurfexperience.com . If the booking is made for the following season, prices and services stated on the invoice apply and may differ from those given on the website.
- The minimum age for booking is 18 years old.
- On arrival day guest will be asked to show proof of travel health insurance and to give a signed copy of our participant agreement form.
2. Payment Policy
To secure your retreat place, the guest must pay the invoice according to the following conditions:
- A non refundable deposit of 25% is required to secure your booking and full payment must be made at least 90 days prior to retreat commencement.If a booking is made 90 days prior to retreat commencement full payment is required. Payment details will be provided to you. You may pay via bank transfer or paypal. If the full amount of the retreat package price is not paid at least 2 months prior to the retreat start date, the retreat place is lost and the deposit will be forfeited. You will receive reminder emails from us before we release your spot if payment is not made. All transaction fees incurred through transferring funds are the responsibility of the guest.
- In case of payment delays Mahalo Surf Experience, has the right to cancel the booking. In that case, the customer will be informed via email.
- The guest is responsible to pay all extra services not included in the Mahalo Surf Experience Week Package in cash in local currency (IDR) to the appropriate vendor (e.g. extra spa treatment, lunch and dinner at resort, etc ) Credit cards are accepted but a surcharge of at least 3% extra applies.
3. Cancellations by Guest
Cancellation is defined as not attending your scheduled Mahalo Surf Experience, including rebooking. It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policy before making a reservation. No one books with the intention of canceling or rebooking their camp but unexpected things do happen, so please purchase travel cancellation insurance.
Every cancellation or rebooking request must be submitted in written form via email. The cancellation is valid as of the day the notification reaches Mahalo Surf Experience. In case of cancellation, the following cancellation fees may apply, depending on the date of cancellation:
- If you cancel more than 90 days before your date of arrival, 100% of your payment may be applied to another Mahalo Surf Experience
- If you cancel 60 – 89 days before your date of arrival, 75% of your payment may be applied to another Mahalo Surf Experience You will forfeit 25% of the price of your retreat.
- If you cancel 15 – 59 days before your date of arrival, 40% of your payment may be applied to another Mahalo Surf Experience. You will forfeit 60% of the price of your retreat.
- If you cancel 14 days or less before your date of arrival, you will forfeit 100% of your payment.
Mahalo Surf Experience does not offer cash/check or credit card refunds for any reason. A portion of your payment may be used as credit for another surf experience within one year of your original surf experience date depending on availability. We will gladly transfer your credit to another guest. Exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason. We do not offer credit for arriving late or leaving early, missing activities or any parts of the retreat program. Unutilized items of a package are not refunded. You automatically agree and accept our Terms and Conditions as soon as you send us a booking form.
4. Cancellation by Mahalo Surf Experience
Mahalo Surf Experience reserves the right to resign from a contract under extraordinary circumstances: If the booked service and/or arrangement can not be provided due to force majeure (e.g. epidemics, storms, catastrophes, strikes, political unrest, war, terrorism, etc.), or if certain conditions present unacceptable danger to the participant, Mahalo Surf Experience has the right to cancel the contract with immediate effect. Payments already made by the customer will be refunded. Any expenses incurred above and beyond the original invoiced amount will not be refunded. If Mahalo Surf Experience must cancel or change a scheduled of the surf Experience date for any reason, you may transfer your full payment to another experience due to availability, or you may request a full refund of your payment. Mahalo Surf Experience is not responsible for your expenses incurred in preparation for any canceled retreat, such as airline tickets, loss of work, illness, etc.
5. Travel Insurance
Depending on the policy and conditions, travel cancellation insurance will pay for some or all cancellation fees. We strongly recommend the customer purchases travel cancellation insurance through your local travel agent or online. To join one of our surf experiences every customer must purchase travel health insurance including accident insurance. It is up to the client to take care of all needs and eventualities.
6. Travel Documents
Each guest is responsible for all necessary travel documents such as passport (at least 6 months valid), visa etc. and must make sure that the passport has sufficient blank pages (2) for the visa, arrival and departure stamps.
7. Prices and Services
- Prices and services are subject to change. The invoiced price includes the services as stated on the invoice and the booking confirmation connected to that invoice. Additional agreements shall be confirmed in written form by the Mahalo Surf Experience. The Mahalo Surf Experience reserves the right to change its prices without prior notice, if conditions change (e.g. newly introduced or changed fees of third party providers, governmentally imposed price regulations and currency fluctuations).
- The Mahalo Surf Experience reserves the right to change its offer or individually agreed services due to extraordinary circumstances (e.g. force majeure, governmental regulations, delays of third parties, weather and oceanic conditions, etc). If any essential contract paragraph is changed, the customer will be informed as soon as possible. The Surf Experience / Retreat and inclusions can change at any time without notice. The program listed on the website is always applicable.
- The Mahalo Surf Experience reserves the right to change its location due to unforeseen issues (e.g. third party delays or problems, construction, etc ) will ensure the standard be kept the same in all the partnering villas / resorts.
- We reserve the right to change or amend this policy at anytime. The current policy is always applicable.
- The participation at any of the company services, arrangements and activities is at the customers own risk. The customer releases, waives and holds harmless the company, its offices, agents and/or employees from all claims, losses, damages, commitments, expenses (including legal costs) during or in conjunction with his/her participation in activities conducted and organized by the company, which may arise from, but are not limited to any injury, accident, illness, death, material damage or personal damage to the customer or to others.
- That also means that the company is not responsible for theft, delays, traffic obstructions and time lags or expenses for the customer, which may result from such circumstances. The customer also indemnifies the company, its officers, agents and/or its employees against all claims, losses, damages or expenses that any one or more of his/her executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have in conjunction with his/her participation in activities conducted and organized by the company, and against any costs including legal fees that may incur as a result of any such claims, losses damages or expenses whether valid or not.
- We live in a natural environment and cannot influence neither noise nor behavior of animals. The company cannot be held responsible for any injuries (bites, stings, rash, allergies, etc.) caused by animals.
- It is the customers responsibility to inform the company about chronic diseases prior to departure so we know what we are dealing with, especially when it comes to surfing. However, the customer accepts the risk and will not hold the company responsible for any health impairments resulting from his/her chronic disease.
- Accidents or injuries of any kind or origin (surfing, driving, stumbling, etc) are beyond influence and the company cannot be held responsible.
- The can not be held responsible for any loss or thievery on the property of the company or on the property of any third party. You can store your valuables in the built in safety box in your room.
- The company and its partners adhere to high safety standards. Its employees attend regular safety, first aid and Australian Standard surf life saving courses, International Surfing Association instructor courses, as well as internal coaching training. By providing qualified drivers, trained surf-coaches for the surf groups and carefully choosing the surf, destinations, spots according to the surf level of the participants, the company keeps the accident and injury risk low. However, the company cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injuries happening in the course of surfing. The customer bears all costs for medical care. Please remember to check on your travel insurances!
- The Mahalo Surf Experience cannot be held responsible for poor surfing conditions. We try everything so that our customers can surf as much and as many quality waves as possible, but there might be days with poor waves, too big waves, strong wind or thunderstorms. These are factors that we can neither predict nor influence.
- The Mahalo Surf Experience is not responsible for services provided by third parties.
Sport and adventure trips, especially on or in the ocean such as surfing or taking a boat out to the waves, carry with them some degree of risk. Each participant must carefully judge whether his/her state of health and fitness level permit to undertake such a trip or a surf session under the prevailing conditions. The customer consents to at own cost receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary by the company in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking a surfing lesson or taking part in any other activities associated with surfing lessons, and also agrees to indemnify the company in the respect of such medical treatment.
10. Data Usage and Protection
The customer agrees that he/she may be photographed and/or filmed during his/her experience with Mahalo and/or activities in connection with the company, and also agrees that the company may use such recordings for promotion and/or advertising purposes without any prior consent. The customer agrees that his/her personal data may be used by the company for marketing and market research purposes. The company assures that all personal data will be treated confidentially and not be transferred to any third party other than necessary to fulfil the booking or deliver the requested service. The customer can terminate this agreement at any time in written form via email. In that case, the personal data and/or footage will not be used for market research purposes.
11. Ineffectiveness of Individual Provisions
The ineffectiveness of individual provisions of the contract or of the general terms and conditions does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
12. Place of Justice and Applicable Law
The place of jurisdiction and applicable law is the place of residence of the Mahalo Surf Experience. Legal claims against the company shall be governed in all respects by and in accordance with the laws of Germany.