How do you use mineral sunscreen most effectively?
1. Make sure to apply 15 minutes before going into the sun.
2. Reapply!!! Minimum every 80 minutes when in the water or sweating, or every 2 hours.
3. Apply to children older than 6 months old, unless under the consultation of a physician.
4. Feel good that you are using a formula that is free from: UV chemical sunscreens, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, animal-derived ingredients, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic dyes.
5. A mineral sunscreen can be thick to apply. Be sure to warm it thoroughly in your hands before applying to the body.
Sunscreen efficacy decreases in the water or with sweating. In the tropics, not only are you surfing in the water, you are also sweating buckets from the humidity. What might be ‘water resistant for up to 4 hours’ in the lab, won’t last 30 minutes in the surf. So don’t skimp!